Balsamic Glazed Steak and Pepper Rolls
- 1lb. Sirloin steak
- Salt & Pepper (according to taste)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Prep the steak by trimming and cutting fat and cut into ~4 inch strips.If you'd prefer, tenderize for easier rolling.
- Season steak with salt, pepper, Worchestershire and let marinade ~30 min to a couple hours .
- Slice bell pepper, onion and zucchini in long thin pieces.
- Melt butter in saucepan on medium, and add garlic. Saute until fragrant. Add balsalmic vinegar to saucepan and reduce until half volume. Turn off heat and transfer to bowl.
- Add olive oil to the used pan, and lightly saute the sliced vegetables. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Place veggies on the marinated steak strips and roll - skewer with a toothpick. Repeat.
- Heat a skillet over medium, and cook steak rolls to desired preference (I used the grill and to medium). Remove toothpicks and enjoy!
Pairs well with small roasted red potatoes, cauliflower mash or steamed broccoli