Light Chocolate Fudge Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar/stevia
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F . Grease muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth - stir in sugar, egg, and applesauce.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the wet ingredients. Lightly mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips. The batter will be a little chunky. Do NOT over mix.
- Divide the batter in tin - fill them all the way to the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*Muffins stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Can freeze.