Miso-Butter Chicken with Carrots and Kale
Recipe Courtesy of Blue Apron
- 10 Ounces Chopped Chicken Breast
- ½ Cup Cracked Freekeh
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet White Miso Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Wash and dry the fresh produce. Boil a pot of water. Slice scallions, carrots, and kale from stems. In a bowl, combine the miso paste and 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the freekeh to the pot of boiling water. Cook, uncovered, 20 to 22 minutes, or until tender. Turn off the heat & drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Add the carrots and scallions to a pan with 2 Tb. olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly softened, and add Kale.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until the kale has wilted and the water has cooked off. Turn off the heat and stir in the vinegar. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe out the pan.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the butter and miso-water mixture to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the butter has melted. Add the cooked vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until thoroughly combined and the chicken is cooked through.
- Divide the cooked freekeh and finished chicken and vegetables between 2 dishes. Garnish with the green tops of the scallions. Enjoy!