Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus
1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 stick melted butter
1 bunch asparagus
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper - set aside.
2. In a bowl, add flour, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stir.
4. In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup lemon zest, 2 cups lemon juice (depending on lemon flavor intensity desired), minced garlic, and 5 tablespoons melted butter. Stir. Remove 4 tablespoons of this mixture and set aside.
5. Slice chicken breasts to the size of tenders (about 1-inch strips).
6. Coat in flour, heavily dredge in the garlic-lemon mixture, and then coat in the Parmesan-bread crumb mixture.
7. Place on prepared sheet pan. Use any remaining Parmesan mixture and sprinkle over tenders.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and flip.
9. Place the asparagus next to or on top of the chicken and drizzle the reserved lemon butter sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the asparagus and toss with tongs. If desired, place lemon slices over the chicken. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 or 12 minutes (until the internal temperature is165F).
10. Meanwhile, whisk remaining butter, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 12 teaspoons lemon zest, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 3 tablespoons honey in a small bowl. Remove chicken from the oven and top with the honey lemon mixture and fresh parsley if desired and enjoy immediately.
Tip: Only top the sauce on the chicken you plan to eat - it will get soggy.