Pork & Cabbage Tacos
Recipe Courtesy of Blue Apron
- 10 Ounces Ground Pork
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Lime
- ½ Pound Green Cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Cotija Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Mexican Spice Blend
- ½ Ounce Sliced Jalapeño Pepper
- Ancho Chile Powder, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Ground Cumin & Dried Mexican Oregano
- Zest the lime to get 2 teaspoons of zest. Quarter the lime.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced cabbage, the juice of 2 lime wedges and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside to marinate,10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime zest, the juice of the remaining lime wedges and as much of the peppers as you'd like, depending on how spicy you'd like.
- In a medium pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the ground pork. Cook, frequently breaking the meat apart with a spoon, 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Carefully drain. Add the garlic, tomato paste, white bottoms of the scallions and all but a pinch of the spice blend. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened and saucy. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the marinated cabbage between the warmed tortillas; top with the filling. Garnish with the cheese and green tops of the scallions. Divide between 2 dishes.