Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 lb 95% lean ground turkey
2 cloves garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
lettuce leaves - I used iceburg
*for toppings: diced tomatoes, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, diced red and green bell peppers
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes.
- Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced.
- Serve mixture over lettuce leaves with desired toppings.