VEGAN Cauliflower Crust Pizza
1 pound cauliflower florets OR 1 (12oz) package Green Giant Riced Cauliflower
3 tablespoons ground chia or flax seeds, divided
3 to 6 tablespoons water, as needed
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 c pizza sauce
1/3 c shredded Daiya mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in food processor. Once processed into smaller rice sized crumbles, pour into large pot of water, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce & cook for 5 minutes. (skip this step if using green giant riced cauliflower - Microwave Green Giant® Riced Cauliflower according to package directions).
- Drain the liquid, then transfer the cooked cauliflower rice in a freezer-safe bowl. Place in the freezer to cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of ground chia or flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of water, to create a thick vegan “egg.” Set aside and allow the mixture to thicken. (*may need 3 more Tbsp water - use discretion).
- Remove cauliflower from freezer and transfer to center of a thin dish towel. Squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Once drained, combine vegan mixture, cauliflower, almond meal and spices. Stir well to mix.
- Press mixture onto parchment paper and form your crust into it's shape, firmly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and dry. For crispier crust, flip and bake an additional 15 min. (recommendation: use additional parchment paper to flip the entire crust).
- Once firm and dry, add toppings and return to oven about 5-10 additional minutes. (marinara/pizza sauce, sautéed onions, fresh spinach, Daiya, etc.).